The Intersoft Electronics® Sensor Monitoring System (SMS) is a scalable surveillance monitoring
system that provides real-time analysis on multiple surveillance sensors.
There is an increasing demand for early notification of sensor degradation in order to assure
a Quality of Service (QoS) on the track output to the Controller Work Positions. The SMS
greatly improves safety through the early provision of a warning of sensor degradation.
Intersoft Electronics’ SMS is the most cost-effective solution to ensure that all sensors
remain operationally compliant against the ICAO and EUROCONTROL mandated standards.
Therefore, the SMS is designed to achieve the following functions:
- Provide real-time analysis on multiple surveillance sensors
- Monitor on-line data feeds from radars (primary and secondary), MLAT/WAM systems, ADS-B stations, Surface Movement radars (SMR), tracks/plots obtained from Radar Data Processors
- Generate visible and audible alarms and message alerts, in case of degradation of performance below a predetermined threshold
- Accept sensor data via Local Area Network (LAN), fiber optic channels, serial line interface. Suitable protection services(firewall) are expected for protection LAN based systems
- Able to perform:
- On-line data handling and protocol conversions
- On-line data analysis on each single sensor of the system
- Data archiving of raw sensor data for more than 90 days with the capability to backup to external archive media
- Off-line data analysis on each single sensor of the system
- Statistics and performance figures generation
- Archiving for long term trend analysis
- Automatic report generation
- Capable to provide clients, with suitable graphical user interfaces (GUIs), all sensor figures (i.e. performances), status, alarms, status of all the hardware components of the SMS
- Easily upgradable for future integration of new sensors
- Integration with RASS®
- Quality of Service (QoS) monitoring according ICAO and EUROCONTROL mandated standards